Well done to all the boys, girls, Mammies and Daddies who have been working hard over the last number of weeks. We are so proud of all of you. All the teachers really miss the children and this week, while still focusing on our work, we want to bring some fun back into our lives.
We have some Zoom art classes with Jarla on Tuesday at 1045. This is for children from 1st class up.
On Wednesday we have Zoom junior dance at 1pm and Zoom senior dance at 4pm. We hope to keep this up for the next few weeks.
All information on how to get into the zoom classes will be shared by the teachers via Seesaw on Monday. Please read over the Zoom policy underneath so everyone is staying safe. Hope to see you all next week.
Remember next Thursday and Friday is the Midterm so there will be no lessons on those days.
1. Pictures or recordings of the video call are not allowed.
2. Remember our school rules – they are still in place, even online.
3. Set up your device in a quiet space, with no distractions in the background.
4. Join the video with your microphone muted.
5. Raise your hand before speaking, just like you would do in class.
6. If you have the chance to talk, speak in your normal voice, using kind and friendly words.
7. Show respect by listening to others while they are speaking.
8. Ensure that you are dressed appropriately for the video call and be on time.
9. Enjoy! Don’t forget to wave hello to everyone when you join!
1. Under no circumstances can pictures or recordings be taken of video calls.
2. invitation to the Zoom meeting with be done via the seesaw app.
3. The main purpose of a video call is to maintain a social connection between the school staff and pupils at this difficult time. Encourage pupils to listen and enjoy the experience.
4. Be aware that when participating in group video calls, you can be seen and heard unless you are muted or have disabled your camera.
5. You will automatically enter a waiting room when the code for a Zoom call has been entered. Please note that school staff will only accept users into video call if you can be identified by the display name on your Zoom account.
6. For video/Zoom calls, parental permission is implied, as the link to a video call will be communicated via the seesaw app and parents should be accessing the app daily and be regularly communicating through it. Essentially, by virtue of the pupil logging on to the call, permission is assumed.
7. Please ensure that your child is on time for a scheduled video, or they may be locked out. Please request to join the Zoom call approximately five minutes before the scheduled start time. This will give school staff time to verify your email address.
8. Make sure to familiarise your child with the software in advance. For video in particular, show them how to mute/unmute and turn the camera on/off.
9. Participants in the call should be dressed appropriately.
10. For detailed information on GDPR and Zoom, please visit https://zoom.us/privacy. Any breach of the above guidelines will result in a discontinuation of this method of communication. A breach may also result in a person being immediately removed from a meeting or in a meeting being immediately terminated.